What is the average Travel Nurse Pay ?
[quote author=” – Gypsy Nurse, RN”]Thank you for reading The Gypsy Nurse. You have taken the first step on your journey to become A Gypsy Nurse.
Travel Nurses work in a variety of settings and specialties. Generally (if you take out the provided housing perk), travel nurses make just a little more than staff nurses. It’s impossible to state a pay rate because there are many factors the go into the determination of pay. Location, need, specialty, etc.
There are some ‘travel’ specialties that do make a significant amount more than staff nurses and those are Rapid Response and Strike nurses. These can make up to double or triple what a standard staff position will pay.
One of the downsides is that you are away from home (family/friends), no paid time off (sick/vacation), and a lot of companies that do Travel Nurse staffing do not provide healthcare benefits.
I hope that this has addressed your question. [/quote]
I love hearing the opinions of my readers. Your opinion could be the perfect solution for someone. Please share your thoughts below in the comments. Do you have a question for me? Fill out the Ask A Travel Nurse form and submit your questions. In addition, if you like what you’ve read here don’t forget to SHARE.
(Disclaimer: Please note that this is the Authors opinion only. I do not provide career counseling, legal or medical consults. If you require any of these, please search out the appropriate resources)
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Introducing ~ Lux Travel Nurse – A Nurse Owned Company - March 19, 2015
- Spring Fling 2015, A Travel Medical Professional Event – Recap - March 19, 2015
- Best Staffing Agency – Who Really are the ‘Top 10′ Staffing Agencies ? - March 3, 2015
- The Interspersing of Nursing: A Geographical Look at the Demand for Nurses - February 27, 2015
- Breaking the Contract: The Effect on the Agency - February 26, 2015