I will be looking to start my Travel Nurse career after the 1st of the year. What states would you recommend I obtain licensing in?
[quote author=” – Gypsy Nurse, RN”]Thank you for reading The Gypsy Nurse. You have taken the first step on your journey to become A Gypsy Nurse.
This is question that is asked quite frequently. I personally only obtain a license for those states in which I have a job offer for. I’m not compact licensed so this does limit me in some ways.
I recently posted an Infographic that lines out the top 10 States with the most nursing job openings. No this is not conclusive that these positions are ‘travel’ positions but if you wanted to pre-license somewhere that there are a lot of jobs, this is where I would start.
Here are the Top 10 (as lined out in the Infographic)
- New York
- N. Carolina
- New Jersey
- MassachusettsI hope that this helps give you at least a starting point. Just remember that pre-licensing can be costly and there is no guarantee that you will obtain a position in a state that you license in. [/quote]
I love hearing the opinions of my readers. Your opinion could be the perfect solution for someone. Please share your thoughts below in the comments. Do you have a question for me? Fill out the Ask A Travel Nurse form and submit your questions. In addition, if you like what you’ve read here don’t forget to SHARE.
(Disclaimer: Please note that this is the Authors opinion only. I do not provide career counseling, legal or medical consults. If you require any of these, please search out the appropriate resources)
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- What is the Gypsy Nurse Circle Journey? A Collaborative Travel Nurse Scrapbook - May 5, 2016
- Contest! Gypsy “Florence Nightingale” 2016 - May 3, 2016
- Aya Healthcare - April 4, 2016
- Follow up: Spring Fling 2016 - March 25, 2016
- TravCon15: The Recap - November 15, 2015