I’m just beginning to realize the headache involved in applying for nursing licenses in other states…
How long do I have to live in a compact state to obtain compact licensure? Also, do you automatically have a compact license if you are a nurse in a compact state? It’s so confusing!
[quote author=” – Gypsy Nurse, RN”]Thank you for reading The Gypsy Nurse. You have taken the first step on your journey to become A Gypsy Nurse.
Flighty One,Thank you for contacting The Gypsy Nurse. Licensure can be a headache. As for the compact license, you will be eligible once you have established your state residency. Usually this requires auto registration, drivers license, banking and voter registration. Check with each states BON to determine their specific requirements.
I recently wrote an article addressing Compact State licensure. Please read through the Compact State Licensure Article and let me know if you have further questions.
I hope that this helps to answer your questions.
I love hearing the opinions of my readers. Your opinion could be the perfect solution for someone. Please share your thoughts below in the comments. Do you have a question for me? Fill out the Ask A Travel Nurse form and submit your questions. In addition, if you like what you’ve read here don’t forget to SHARE.
(Disclaimer: Please note that this is the Authors opinion only. I do not provide career counseling, legal or medical consults. If you require any of these, please search out the appropriate resources)
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Introducing ~ Lux Travel Nurse – A Nurse Owned Company - March 19, 2015
- Spring Fling 2015, A Travel Medical Professional Event – Recap - March 19, 2015
- Best Staffing Agency – Who Really are the ‘Top 10′ Staffing Agencies ? - March 3, 2015
- The Interspersing of Nursing: A Geographical Look at the Demand for Nurses - February 27, 2015
- Breaking the Contract: The Effect on the Agency - February 26, 2015