Actual Charting Bloopers
- “She got my instructions messed up and cut out all exercise and increased her sweets.”
- “Following the exam of her breasts we discussed the impending nasal surgery.”
- Since she can’t get pregnant with her husband, I thought you might like to work her up.
- The dermatologist made a recommendation for treatment of her face which is not of a serious nature.
- He was eating his tray so I didn’t examine him.
- I will be happy to go into her GI system, she seems ready and anxious.
- The patient’s bladder was then emptied and sent to the postoperative recovery room in stable condition.
- The bugs that grew out of her urine were cultured in the Casualty and are not available. I WILL FIND THEM!!!
- May have lollipops orally.
- Discontinue precious insulin orders.
Do you have a blooper to share?
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at The Gypsy Nurse
As a travel nursing educator, Candy aka Gypsy Nurse, RN has worked in healthcare for nearly 20 years, working up the ranks from CNA to LPN to RN. For the past nine years, she’s worked as a travel nurse, allowing her to practice and live in 15 states throughout the U.S. She regularly shares advice for those interested in travel nurse jobs on her website at: www.thegypsynurse.com.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- ACA Tax Implications for Travelers (aka “ObamaCare”) - January 20, 2015
- Avoid Housing Scams While Traveling - January 14, 2015
- Things to do in San Antonio - January 9, 2015
- Tips for Discounts on Hotel, Flight and Car Rentals - January 5, 2015
- 2014 In Review: Life as a Travel Nurse - January 1, 2015