As with any disorder or disease process, a Nursing Care plan is essential. When caring for patients and co-workers with whinorrhea it’s imperative to have specific nursing interventions in place to prevent the spread or outbreak of whinorrhea.
Whinorrhea the state of the frequency of whining. More than 3 times (per shift) for patients and more than 4 times in co-workers. Whining can be intermittent or consistent. In patients, whining can be centered around comfort, timeliness, or a myriad of other items. In co-workers, whining is primarily centered around the work environment, co-workers, patients or home-life.
- Deficient Fluid Volume (thirst) related to excessive fluid loss through oral disruptions.
- Acute anxiety related to whinorrhea
- Deficient Knowledge about the condition, prognosis and treatment needs related to limited exposure information, misinterpretation of information and / or cognitive limitations.
- Assess for the ‘root’ of the whining.
- Remove the ‘root’ problem (if possible)
- Provide appropriate distractions for yourself or the person suffering from Whinorrhea
- Bring earplugs or headphones to work.
- Change the subject, by asking the whiner what’s going well.
- If you’re stuck listening to a whiner, retreat mentally and imagine yourself in a peaceful setting you enjoy.
- Ask the whiner what he or she intends to do about the problem (co-worker) or find out what you can do for the whiner (patient)
If your interventions didn’t prove effective: Pray for the Serenity to “Change the things that can be changed and accept the things that cannot be changed.”
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- Introducing ~ Lux Travel Nurse – A Nurse Owned Company - March 19, 2015
- Spring Fling 2015, A Travel Medical Professional Event – Recap - March 19, 2015
- Best Staffing Agency – Who Really are the ‘Top 10′ Staffing Agencies ? - March 3, 2015
- The Interspersing of Nursing: A Geographical Look at the Demand for Nurses - February 27, 2015
- Breaking the Contract: The Effect on the Agency - February 26, 2015