The following is an emailed TAX ALERT via Joseph Smith, TravelTax, LLC
In October, an international computer hacker broke into the South Carolina Department of Revenue database and gained access to millions of state income tax returns dating back to 1998.
It included and included un-encrypted social security numbers and credit and debit card numbers.
Taxpayers whose information has been compromised will receive a free year of identity protection service provided by Experian and paid for by the state. Anyone who filed a South Carolina tax return from 1998 onward should call 866.578.5422.
Call us if you need any assistance but FIRST call the number for SC
Joseph Smith EA
Enrolled Agent, Admitted to Practice Before the IRS
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- A Travel Nurse Volunteer in Liberia: Local Foods - August 8, 2014
- A Travel Nurse Volunteer in Liberia: The Adventure Continues - August 3, 2014
- 2014 Gypsy Florence Nightingale Award - July 7, 2014
- Fathers Day: A Celebration of Dad - June 15, 2014
- A Travel Nurse Volunteer in Liberia: Clean Water - May 31, 2014