The Gypsy Nurse (TGN) has been impressed by the camaraderie started and followed up by TGN Caravan Members on Facebook. I would love to be more involved, however I can’t physically be in 50 states all at the same time. I appreciate the creativity and enthusiasm of the caravan nurses. Some of you have already shown an interest in organization of Gypsy Events.
I would like to expand on this by introducing The Gypsy Nurse Ambassador’s Program. Please note, TGN Ambassador Program does not in any way limit any members of the Caravan (or others) from organizing events/activities. TGN supports any/all activities that bring Travel Nurses together nationwide in an effort to promote collaboration, support, and FUN.
What is a Gypsy Nurse Ambassador?
TGN Ambassador’s will begin as a pilot program where thegypsynurse.com will provide support and resources to the TGN Ambassadors. The Gypsy Nurse Ambassador’s will be charged with promoting and fostering Meet & Greets, Events, Caravan Trips, Support and other gypsy nurse activities. The Gypsy Nurse Ambassador’s will be expected to embody TGN identity in appearance, demeanor, values and ethics.
I would like to begin the program with 5 GN ambassadors. I will potentially add more ambassadors as the program is fine-tuned and thegypsynurse.com is more profitable. At this time I can only support a small number of Ambassadors.
The role of the GN Ambassador would include (but not limited to):
- Organize and lead GN events in their local area.
- Utilize the GN Caravan and thegypsynurse.com online calendar to promote, share and encourage participation in scheduled events
- To reach out to not only caravan nurses but also on-site hospital travelers, local college contacts, and any other nurses interested in travel nursing in the local area by posting flyers and online social networking.
- To promote and share the events and resources available via thegypsynurse.com
- Collaborate with TGN staff on events/promotions, etc.
- Provide assistance at the Travelers Conference.
- Collaborate with the team of TGN Ambassadors to promote ideas, improve events, etc.
- Direct contact (via email/skype/phone) with The Gypsy Nurse at least monthly with updates, upcoming events, problems, questions, etc. – Attempt to schedule a minimum of two events per contract duration (more if able).
- Provide TGN resource Materials (provided by TGN) to event attendees.
- Provide summary posts for thegypsynurse.com detailing the events with photo’s and experiences (1-2 paragraphs & 1-5 Photo’s).
- Provide TGN with Name/Email of Event attendees. (when possible)
- Represent TGN and any Sponsors in a professional manner.
- No unauthorized use of TheGypsyNurse.com trademark without prior collaboration with TheGypsyNurse staff
- No use of TGN calendar for events unrelated to TGN without prior permission.
- All printed materials regarding TGN must be from the templates/products provided by TGN staff or otherwise pre-approved via TGN staff.
- No self-representations utilizing TGN copy write/logo or company/organization (i.e. you may not sign up for any promotional, contests, emails, etc as a representative of TGN) without prior permission.
- Any possible event sponsors must go directly through TGN staff.
- Printed materials
- Standardized event flyer templates
- Gypsy Bangles and charms (to be provided to M&G attendees).
- Email and phone/skype support.
- Official Gypsy Nurse Ambassador Name Badge
- Annual Travel Nurse Conference Attendance Fee (no accommodation) Paid
- Occasional gifts/give-aways to provide for events.
- Private designated gypsy nurse email address.
- Personalized Gypsy Nurse Ambassador Business cards (to be provided after a 6 month trial period).
- TGN holds no expectations during an Ambassador’s off-contract or vacation time, the only expectation would be that the Ambassador inform TGN of any extended periods of down-time.
TGN Ambassador program will begin as a pilot and all-Volunteer program. As TGN grows, ambassadors could receive increased support/resources up to possible compensation.
If you are interested in volunteering as one of TGN Ambassador’s, please email TGN at email@example.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Owner at The Gypsy Nurse
As a travel nursing educator, Candy aka Gypsy Nurse, RN has worked in healthcare for nearly 20 years, working up the ranks from CNA to LPN to RN. For the past nine years, she’s worked as a travel nurse, allowing her to practice and live in 15 states throughout the U.S. She regularly shares advice for those interested in travel nurse jobs on her website at: www.thegypsynurse.com.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- You Know You’re A Traveler When… - November 19, 2014
- Yeah, This is why I’m in nursing school – So I can pass trays - November 14, 2014
- Veterans Day - November 9, 2014
- Return to the 50’s on Route 66 Seligman Arizona - October 28, 2014
- Travel Nurse: The ‘Referral’ Bonus - October 22, 2014