In this series of posts, I’ll show you how to become a Travel Nurse step by step. Following these steps will help you be successful in your travel nursing career. I recommend that you follow them in order and if you have any questions that I don’t cover, please feel free to add them in the comments section at the bottom of this page.
As discussed in Diagnosis of Hypertravelosis, It was determined that the best treatment for this disorder is to change careers and become a Travel Nurse. This sounds easy but it’s actually a very unique field of nursing and requires a bit of knowledge of the field and some foresight/planning.
It’s important to determine why you want to travel so you can make certain that the Travel Nursing field is a good fit. Determining the real reasons that you want to travel will assist in many of the decisions that you will have to make in the next steps.
I recommend that you grab a notebook and a pen. Now, brainstorm for a moment and write down everything that you can think of related to Why You Want to be A Travel Nurse.
If you’re not sure, here are some ideas to get you started:
- Time off work
- Meet new people and create new friendships
- Minimize workplace drama
- Experience new locations
- Increased pay
- Expand your nursing skills
- Explore a location prior to a permanent move
- See the country
- Broaden your children’s horizons
I’ll be discussing many of these reasons as we get further into the series. In the meantime, keep adding to the list. If you have reasons that I didn’t list, please share them in the comments below and I’ll try to address them. Remember, if you have a reason someone else does too.
When your finished; you can return to the Treatment Plan to review the next step.
Latest posts by TheGypsyNurse (see all)
- You Know You’re A Traveler When… - November 19, 2014
- Yeah, This is why I’m in nursing school – So I can pass trays - November 14, 2014
- Veterans Day - November 9, 2014
- Return to the 50’s on Route 66 Seligman Arizona - October 28, 2014
- Travel Nurse: The ‘Referral’ Bonus - October 22, 2014